Mount Something YouTube Video Contest
Upload a 60 Second Video and You Could Win an iPad!
Need to mount something? Create a 60 second video to show off what whacky places you can think of to mount your phone. It can be as simple as you mounting your phone to your car, or as creative as you mounting it to your dog, your segway, the top of a telephone pole, who knows, but the possibilities are endless!
Don’t have a ProClip USA mount and holder? No worries. You can mount your phone with tape, magnets, shoelaces, whatever comes to mind. Just get creative!
Check out this video to get your gears turning.
As fun as it may be for you to make a hilarious video and just have a good laugh with your buddies, we know the best part about any contest is winning some pretty awesome prizes. This contest is no exception, so we’re giving away a couple of pretty amazing prizes.
- The video with the Most YouTube views will win the grand prize:
Tablet of your choice up to a $499 value (no cash back)
- One winner of ProClip USA’s “Favorite Video” award will receive:
Kindle Fire up to $199 in value (no cash back)
- Each winner will also receive:
ProClip USA vehicle mount and holder of your choice (for phone, tablet, etc.) up to a $100 value (no cash back)
Notice: some tablets may not fit on your vehicle’s dashboard due to size and/or location. You can choose a mount and holder for your winning prize or another device you own.
A Prize Just for Playing
Anyone who enters gets a 10% off discount code to be used at proclipusa.com. Discount codes will be issued after the contest has ended and the winners have been chosen.
For those of you who love to make movies and plan on entering more than one video, the more the merrier and the better your chances of winning. However, if you upload more than one video, you will only receive one discount code and you can only win in one category.
4 Easy Steps to Enter
- Shoot a video (phone quality video is OK).
- Upload your video to your YouTube account.
Don’t have a YouTube account or not sure how to upload a video? No problem. Read this article or watch this video to learn how. If you have an Android device, chances are you already have a Google account.
- Share your video with… anyone and everyone!
Share with Facebook, Twitter, Email or whatever way you prefer. See below for tips on how to increase views of your video.
- Fill out this Form to let us know your contact information and where we can find your video (a link to YouTube will do)
Video Requirements – What You Need to Do
- You must mount your phone or mobile device to something.
- You must say “ProClip USA” or show a sign that reads “ProClip USA” at least once in the video.
- You must upload your video to YouTube and use the words “Mount Something – ProClip USA” in your video title
- Your video must be 60 second or less and a minimum quality of 320×240.
- Keep your video PG-13 rated or less and follow YouTube Community Guidelines. No profanity; no nudity. We shouldn’t have to send our 13 year old out of the room while we watch these.
Every video entered will receive a 10% discount code for proclipusa.com. The two winning videos will be based on the following:
- Grand Prize Winner:
Number of views on YouTube
- ProClip USA’s “Favorite Video” Award:
Subjective winner based on uniqueness, creativity and entertainment
Tips for Promoting the “Clip” of Your Video
We know you want to win that grand prize, but to do that you need to share, share, share! Here are a few tips on how to promote your video and increase your YouTube views.
- Share it to all of your friends on Facebook every few days.
- Share it on our Facebook page (only one time per video, please. No spamming our Facebook page. That’s not cool).
- Send emails to all of your contacts asking them to view your video.
- Do you tweet? Tweet it (often!). We will be promoting the #mountsomething hashtag, so use this to get more exposure.
- Share via Google+ or any other way you can think of to share your video.
Now get creative and start shooting your video!
Terms and Conditions
Winners of the grand prize and of ProClip USA’s Favorite Video award must send the video to ProClip USA (via Dropbox, DVD, etc.) and the video must be in one of these formats: Audio Video Interleave (AVI), MP4, Quicktime (.mov or .qt) or Windows Media Video (WMV). The same video cannot win both categories. Entrants may submit as many videos as they would like; however, if you upload more than one video, you will only receive one discount code. Submissions will be accepted starting July 1, 2012. No submissions will be accepted after July 31, 2012 11:59 PM ET.
Additional terms and conditions apply.