Managing ELD Compliant Fleets with Samsung Tablets
As you shop for the best tablets for electronic logs for your fleet, consider Samsung. As a leading producer of Android tablets for ELDs, Samsung offers a rugged and durable device. Add our ProClip mounting solutions for your Samsung ELDs and your fleet will be set up for success. Start by learning more about the top two best ELDs by Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2
In the flagship series of the Samsung Galaxy Tab, there are five models currently available including:
- Galaxy Tab S2
- Galaxy Tab S3
- Galaxy Tab A
- Galaxy Tab E
- Galaxy Tab Active2
We are going to focus on two of the most popular models for ELD compliance: Tab A and Tab E. Both of these tablets are designed to handle harsh work environments including construction zones and warehouses. At the same time, you benefit from digital tools that ensure you get the most out of your electronic logging device system.
Galaxy Tab A vs. Galaxy Tab E
The main differences between these two Samsung tablets are:
- Tab E has a 9.6-inch display compared to the 8-inch display of the Tab A
- Tab E has a 5000 mAh battery compared to the 4200 mAh battery of the Tab A
- The operating systems vary; Tab A has Android v5.0 Lollipop while Tab E uses an Android v4.4 Kitkat OS
- As a result of the more powerful battery and screen size, Tab E is 1 mm thicker, 2 mm wider, and weighs 175 grams more
- Tab A has three colors including black, blue, and white, while Tab E is limited to white and black
- Screen resolution on the Tab E is slightly better than the multi-touch capacitive touchscreen that is available on both models
Another key difference is that Tab A has an internal memory of 16 GB compared to only 8 GB with Tab E. However, with Tab E you can expand the external memory by up to 128 GB, while Tab A only gives up an increase of up to 32 GB. Also, Galaxy Tab A does not allow voice calling but Tab E does, which can be a breaking point for workers who need hands-free capabilities.
Choosing the Right Samsung ELDs
Consider whether you are more interested in power and performance, as you will see more of with Tab E. If you are looking for a good entry-level ELD in the Samsung Galaxy flagship line, then Tab A has you covered.
Take care of your fleet’s new Samsung ELDs by selecting the best made ELD mounting solution on the planet. The rugged ProClip line of Tough Sleeve Samsung tablet enclosures are extremely durable and protect the tablet from drops. Contact ProClip USA for more information at 800-296-3212.