Apple Reveals New iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C
Apple hosted their big press event yesterday. Most of the phone details were leaked before the actual event, but this was our first look at the phones themselves and iOS7.
- The actual size of the phone is quite similar to iPhone 5S, but the look is changed with 3 color options: gold, silver and “space gray”
- As was speculated, the 5S has a new fingerprint identity sensor built into the home button which will unlock your phone and approve online Apple purchases
- Expect a much faster processor and better battery life with the addition of a new A7 chip and M7 coprocessor chip
- iPhone 5S will be the first 64-bit smartphone
- The 5S has an improved camera featuring image stabilization, burst mode, slow-motion video and built in photo filters, among other things
- iPhone 5C is made of a seamless plastic exterior which is available in a variety of colors: green, blue, yellow, pink and white
- It will use the A6 chip and come with an 8MP camera and 4-inch Retina display
- A new accessory announced at the event is a 5C specific case that will also come in a list of colors: black, green, blue, yellow, pink and white
- The 5C will launch with iOS7
Besides revealing the new iPhones, Apple also discussed their newest operating system. According to Apple, iOS7 is said to have been designed for 5S and 5C. It is built specifically for the 64-bit architecture with new colors, icons and animations. The new operating system also has redesigned Mail, Calendar, Music, Photo and Camera apps. The home screen will still use similar apps so it should be fairly easy for people to pick up and use. The new operating system will be available September 18th.
iPhone 5S and 5C Prices
The new iPhones will eliminate iPhone 5S from Apple’s line of phones. Apple will offer the iPhone 5S starting at $199.99, iPhone 5C starting at $99.99 and the iPhone 4S as a free offering.
iPhone 5S and 5C Availability
iPhone 5S and 5C are set to hit the shelf Friday, September 20. 5C will be available for pre-order starting September 13, but no pre-orders will be offered for the 5S.
iPhone 5S and 5C Car Mounts
As of now, it is likely that our iPhone 5 holders will fit the iPhone 5S as the dimensions appear to be the same. Once we receive the new iPhone, we will be able to test and confirm this. We will most likely be developing new holders for the 5C.