Distracted Driving: Hands-Free Laws and Texting and Driving Laws by State
Do you know if your state bans cell phones or texting while driving? It’s important to know what your state’s laws are when it comes to safe driving. Even if your state doesn’t have strict laws around distracted driving, it’s very important to be safe behind the wheel. Here’s why:
Distracted Driving Facts
- Cell phone use while driving causes 1.6 million crashes each year.
- Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.
- Nearly 330,000 injuries occur each year from accidents caused while texting and driving.
- More than 8 people are killed each day in the U.S. due to distracted driving.
- It’s just not safe – for you or other drivers! Distracted driving is unsafe driving.
A new California hands-free driving law went into effect at the beginning of 2017. More and more states are passing laws to keep up with ever-evolving mobile devices. We’ve put together a short video that reviews all of the hands-free bans and texting and driving laws by state in the U.S. See the infographic below for a map and full list of driving laws by state.
2017 Cell Phone Driving Laws by State
Hands-Free Devices: Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Mounts
At ProClip, we believe in keeping drivers safe on the road. That’s why we’ve created reliable phone holders and dashboard mounts that help drivers stay focused on the road with both hands on the wheel. Using our two-part mounting system, you can secure your phone in the best possible way, while also eliminating clutter and improving visibility.
The first part of our system requires you to select a phone holder. We have custom and adjustable options available in both charging and non-charging. The second part of our system is our custom dashboard mounts. Both parts are made from high-grade ABS plastic and are designed to seamlessly fit into the interior of your vehicle.